Past to Present Archaeology is a research focused organisation providing both commercial and community services and projects. Our business is expanding and we are seeking motivated individuals looking to pursue a fulfilling career in archaeology. We are looking to recruit archaeologists at all grades to participate in a number of commercial and research projects, offering opportunities for long-term employment and career development in archaeological fieldwork and research.
Why Past To Present Archaeology?
Interested in becoming a professional archaeologist?
Our trainee programme offers a well-structured career development path to becoming a professional archaeologist.
Trainees who successfully complete the scheme and demonstrate the aptitude and enthusiasm to develop their careers at Past to Present Archaeology will be offered permanent or fixed-term contracts at Project Archaeologist level.
Looking for an opportunity to expand your archaeological experience?
Joining as a Project Archaeologist for Past to Present is an exciting opportunity to further your experience as an archaeologist, working with a skilled and motivated team, partaking in both commercial and community work.
Your role with Past to Present Archaeology will entail a variety of types of archaeological fieldwork, including evaluation and excavation, as well as supporting our post-excavation team in digitisation of plans and sections, finds processing and community events.
Already experienced in archaeology?
Becoming a Senior Archaeologist for Past to Present Archaeology is viewed as a stepping stone to fulfilling career, including positions as a research focused Community Archaeologist, or Project Supervisor / Officer.
As a representative of Past to Present Archaeology, you will be required to guide promising talent to reach its full potential, and aid in staff development.
Further your commercial responsibilities with the opportunity to undertake community based work, partaking in leading our courses and field schools.
Perks and Benefits
- Overnight Accommodation
- Paid Subsistence
- Mileage Cover at £0.40ppm (for use of own vehicle)
- Furthering Archaeological Research
- Supporting high quality Commercial Archaeology
- Developing Excavation and Research Opportunities
- Benefiting the Heritage Sector across Europe with our research
- Spreading awareness and opportunity within archaeology to the public
- Working closely with the Local Community
- Encouraging Community efforts to guide and contribute to archaeological research
- 4% Pension Contribution (increasing to 5% from January 2022)
- 28 Days Annual Leave
- 50% contribution to annual CIfA membership
- Committed to providing a high-quality service
- Working as a Team
- Working openly, honestly, respectfully, with integrity
- Excellent Communication
- Embracing Innovation and Creativity
- Supporting and Developing members of the Past to Present Archaeology team
News and updates on Past to Present Archaeology Careers and Opportunities can also be found on:
- CIfA Chartered Institute for Archaeologists